Sunday, May 18, 2014

Reincarnation: Four year old girl demonstrates knowledge of a place she ha


I came across this mail from Godbrothers PrabhaVishnu.  This mail talks of reincarnation. The person who wrote the story is a person of high spiritual values. I believe that he wrote it truthfully to the best of abilities. He is required to do mantra meditation for 2 hours and do austerities (no illicit sex, no meat eating, no gambling, no intoxication) to be a part of my society and its mailing list.  So quite legitimate story. I do not know how to find more trustworthy people.

Ramananda Raya is a white-bodied person living in Europe. He comments: "This reminds of our Godsister Ratnavali in London and the many reincarnation stories which small kids are teaching to the faithless. Thank you very much for posting your grandpa eccstacies!"

Got the note below on  30 November 2013:
>> A few nights ago we experienced one of the worst thunderstorms in Johannesburg, South Africa. It was a real humdinger, and shook the residents quite badly, as hailstones bigger than marbles but lesser than golf balls, pelted down from the skies. News reports showed the devastation that was caused in many areas as the hail tore through the tiles and dislodged and flattened ceilings in many homes, inundating several areas with floods.
>>
>>
>>
>> We didn’t experience much damage but rain did seep into some parts of the house.
>>
>> My grand-daughter Isha, who is 4 years old, rose very early the next morning and accompanied me to assess the damage in the yard. Thousands of leaves and small branches were littered everywhere, and just two roses, a brilliant red and an absolutely beautiful pink, survived the onslaught. They were for our morning offerings to Sri Sri Radha Krishna.
>>
>>
>>
>> I got an assistant to help me check the roof and gutters, and was amazed to find hailstones as high as 20cms frozen in some gutters. They were rock solid so we tried some different means to dislodge them before the next rain. Isha, of course, was really excited and collected a packet full to show to her sisters when they returned from school.
>>
>>
>>
>> And then began her questions.
>>
>> Isha: “Aja, (grandfather), is Lord Indra very angry with us?”
>>
>> Aja :  “No, he’s just angry with some naughty people.”
>>
>> Isha:  “But I’m not naughty; not very naughty.”
>>
>>
>>
>> Isha:   “Did he send the same kind of rain on Govardhan Hill?
>>
>> Aja :   “No Isha. That was a terrible rain. He was angry with little Krishna, and wanted to harm him.
>>
>>               He also wanted to harm the people who lived in Vrndavana.”
>>
>> Isha:   “But WHY Aja? They are so nice people.”
>>
>>
>>
>> This was followed by a long explanation, and discussion of the Lord’s pastime of lifting Govardhan Hill.
>>
>> Isha loves dancing and showing various poses, and as I was talking she was acting bits here and there.
>>
>> And then she struck the pose of the Lord holding up Govardhan Hill, very beautifully I must say, and asked me a question.
>>
>>
>>
>> Isha:    “Aja, Krishna was holding Govardhan Hill for so many days, then how did He play His flute?
>>
>> He plays His flute every day. I don’t know how He did that.”
>>
>>
>>
>> Well neither did I! I was stuck there. Try explaining to a 4 yr old that Krishna can do anything, and she will dramatize and show you that He just can’t play the flute with one hand. Perhaps you can help me with this.
>>
>>
>>
>> And then, out of the blue, she said; “You know Aja, my house was very near Govardhan Hill!”
>>
>> “My real house, before I came to this mummy and daddy.”
>>
>> Well, we went on in this discussion, and she was quite adamant.
>>
>>
>>
>> I then recalled our recent visit to India with Isha’s family, and one of the highlights was celebrating Isha’s 4th birthday in Vrindavana. It was a glorious occasion but time restricts me to get into that.
>>
>>
>>
>> What I do recall, and very vividly, is our visit to Govardhan Hill. After taking prasädam with devotees at the Iskcon Palace, we set out to the Parikrama Path, and I was totally amazed by Isha.
>>
>>
>>
>> She just began to scream with great joy, and immediately began to roll in the soft sand, going on and on. She followed this with ‘dandavat parikrama’ (she had not seen this before) for a while, and then went on rolling in the sand, begging her family to join her. This was the exuberance with which she spent the entire afternoon on parikrama.
>>
>>
>>
>> I then recalled our entry into Vrndavana very late in the evening 2 days before. We checked into MVT, showered and went to bed. Bone weary, none of us could rise early enough. I heard a tap on my room door and my son Rinel came to ask if Isha was with me. When I answered in the negative they became very nervous and worried.
>>
>>
>>
>> The clothes that were set out for her to use in the morning were not in their room. Isha had dressed herself and was nowhere to be seen. While they ran around checking the three floors at MVT I scrambled into some clothing and rushed out of the building. The guards informed me that a little girl did walk out, but with so much confidence, they did not stop her.
>>
>>
>>
>> I rushed to the temple yard in great fear. The fog was unusually thick and this exacerbated my feeling of fear. A little girl, crossing the road junction, going through into Iskcon temple yard, in such dark fog, was really frightening. Of course, I lay everything at Sri Krishna’s feet, and with pounding heart, and the most intense angina, I somehow struggled along. As I passed Tulasi Devi’s home I uttered a prayer to her to please benedict her devotees, and as I took the bend and approached the side door of the temple, I caught sight of Isha. She was happily sitting on the floor and putting on her shoes.
>>
>>
>>
>> She greeted me very happily and I had no heart to scold her. She told me she had left her shoes in the shoe-room, giving it to the devotee there, and had gone for darshan.
>>
>> Aja   : “Why did you do that?”
>>
>> Isha:   “It’s my birthday Aja. I had to come and pray first.”
>>
>> Aja :   “To whom did you pray?”
>>
>> Isha:   “I went and bowed down to Srila Prabhupada. Then I went for darshan to Nitäi  Gaurahari, and Krishna-Balaram and then to Radha and Krishna (she didn’t know the name Radha Syamasundara). Then I came to the shoe room and the prabhu knew my shoes and gave them to me.”
>>
>>
>>
>> I hugged her and off we went back to MVT and her over excited parents.
>>
>>
>>
>> What a remarkable incident. Isha knew her way around, without any fear.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> This soul who we know as Isha was definitely in his company but could not finish her journey, so she had taken birth in a family of devotees to continue her devotional service.

No comments:

Post a Comment